Tick tock

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday 4 August 2011

Seunggi-yah, I hold you responsible.

사야 벌에 두리스 마잠 인이. 즘부루 딱? ㅋㅋ

I forgot the first novel pains of learning a new language. Wish I had a Siegel to help go through the never known before grammatical-functioned(?) particles and honorifics. I know the basic rules of conjugation and (non-)colloquial speech - which applies to almost every language, anyway - but the origins of the language (East-Asian) and my interface (English) are so different, it makes it all more confusing since my mother tongue is Malay. I think I may fare better had I learnt it Korean-Malay. And my English is getting crappier since I have been reading Jane Austen a lot.

I bought the book two weeks ago, and had so far smoothly progressed to chapter four, at the end of which I managed to read Korean characters quite well (ahem). I printed out lyrics to songs and sang along a few hundred times before the characters began to look like alphabets instead of miniature geometrical shapes and some odd wiggles. By this time I am happy enough that I am able to pronounce and write the language (devoid of understanding their meaning - ah peduli apa). While sitting at the stall waiting for customers I practice writing out the characters, producing not Korean words but Malay ones. Which might explain why the sentence above seem so rubbishy when Google-translated; you should actually listen to them. It's not Korean, it's Kowi (or Hawi, I am yet to decide. -wi comes from Jawi. Hangul is the Korean character system).

Chapter 5 is where you start with the heavy grammatical parts. I am my own teacher, hence the procrastination. 이자띠 파이팅! 이자띠 화이팅!^^

3 comments:

Asma Azizan said...

Wow blaja korea. Canggih2

jera said...

wah cayala ejat! on your way to becoming a quadrilingual(?) person xD

zartezaty said...

haha saja2 isi masa lapang. mari kita semua berusaha!

Hallo zusammen!

 1. 2022 ist mein achtes Jahr in als Lehrerin in Mersing. 2. Ich bin gerade mit meinem 2. Kind schwanger. 3. Mein erstes Kind ist 3 Jahre al...