Tick tock

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday 25 April 2009

Why oh Whyyy. Part 2

I lost my only pair of Nike running shoes yesterday. Frustation. I've never lost anything that are worth more than RM100 before, so when I noticed my shoes are stolen I was quite devastated. It wasn't a case of carelessness too. Yesterday when I came back, I left my shoes outside the door, but inside the steel gate. This morning, when I was getting out of the house I noticed they are missing. I called my sister to ask, but she said she never saw my shoes before the door when she came back from work. This means that they are already gone since yesterday afternoon.The thief was very bold so as to reach in and take the shoes when I was inside. I wasn't asleep but I heard nothing, too. What bugs me is that I've already had an instinct, saying my shoes will go missing if I left them where they are. But I didn't succumb to the feeling, like we normal human always did. Only when they were gone did I regret not doing what my heart told me to.

I made up a list of what I want to have before I fly off. While I was making mental notes on what to buy, I thought about a few acquaintances who I felt were stupid. As follows:

Dialog 1

He: Hey, I lost my glasses.
Me: Really? Where did you last see it?
He: In my hotel room, I think. On the bedside table.
Me: Ow. Nothing you can do, then. Unless you wanted to go back and fetch it again.
He: Nevermind.
Me: Can you see?
He: Yes I can. Those aren't powered lenses. But they have this really high UV protection.
Me: Really? Who told you?
He: The salesperson, of course.
Me: How much is high?
He: I don't know. They say the glasses have high UV protection. Protects your eyes, you know, from the sun. So I bought it. To protect my eyes.

I just looked away.

Dialog 2

My phone rang. It was this person.
He: Hey, I'm at an accessories shop. I wanted to buy this crystal bracelet. Should I buy it? It costs RM25.
Me: Why ask me? It's your money.
He: Of course I wanted to ask you. This salesgirl said it would help me manage my anger. You know, if I'm less angry at you, it would be better for both of us.
Me: Have you tested it? Try holding the beads in you fist. Do you feel anything?
He: What should I feel?
Me: They say to test if a crystal is genuine, you will have a prickly feeling in your hands when you hold them.
He: Really? I don't know. I might feel something.
Me: Don't move it around in your hands. Just hold it.
He: I think I am feeling something.
Me: Don't THINK. Feel.
He: Yes. I think I feel it. So. Should I buy this?
Me: Listen to me. If you wanted to buy that thing, just buy. Don't ask me because you're always gonna blame me later.
He: No, I won't blame you!
Me: Okay fine. Whatever. But it's better if you don't buy. You haven't got a lot of money now, right?
He: Yeah. But wouldn't it be good if I buy this?
Me: I don't even believe if the thing works.
He: (asking the salesgirl) Kakak, do this thing work?
Of course the kakak said yes.
He: She said it does work!
Me: Ok fine. If you want to buy, then buy.
He: I buy, okay?
Me: Fine, fine. Buy.
Call ended.

A few days later, we fought. Like Chun Li and Jet Li. Ha Ha. Only I was Chun Li when she ran out of energy. During which the bracelet snaps and the beads run all over the floor. He threw what was left on his hand to my face, saying:

He: This is the bracelet you told me to buy!

I TOLD him to buy? I told him to? Idiot. He wanted to buy that thing himself!

Me: I told you this stupid thing won't work.

He fell silent.

Why do people fell victim to the lies of salespeople?
They wanted to SELL, for God's sake. Of course they tell you all the sweet things.

5 comments:

Asma Azizan said...

adui, tergelak2 aku baca dialog 2 ko. tak sangka aku ade lelaki camtu. ganas lak tu baling2 barang! haha

weh bile ko fly? pegi mana?

zartezaty said...

asma. sampai hati taktau. haha

pi doshland laa! early july kot. tp taktau lagi where in doshland.

jera said...

i no stupid! hahaha
btw i wonder, org yg hg kutuk nh xtrs ka kalo dia bc blog hg? ;p

Asma Azizan said...

btul la soalan aku tu mmg bermksd where in doshland. aku dh tau la ko nk dtg cni. aku x noob la ejat.haha

mesti org tu xkn baca blog ni kn? tu yg ko slamber badak je kutuk2 dia

zartezaty said...

hah. kalau bace pun ape salahnye. biarkannnnnnnnnnnnnn.

aku tak tau lagi. tp antara schwaebisch hall, bremen and bonn.

Hallo zusammen!

 1. 2022 ist mein achtes Jahr in als Lehrerin in Mersing. 2. Ich bin gerade mit meinem 2. Kind schwanger. 3. Mein erstes Kind ist 3 Jahre al...