Tick tock

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday 29 April 2010

I'd Say Anything ...

... to get to stay here longer. Haha.

Kitorang nak pindah dah, in less than four hours, and I'm still not done with the packing. Any time now the bags are going to burst at the seams from all the load. I couldn't understand it really. I practically put off shopping every weekend to avoid schlepping so much when it's time to move. And I posted some 20kgs of stuff away too. Tapi banyak jugak. Hiskk

In the first six months of our stay in Germany we did language courses. German at class, German at home, German on the streets... The only time I get to speak Malay is the time I spent online (which is quite a lot anyway). And it's not literally speaking either, more towards typing, but still I get to THINK in Malay, which is a relief.

Anyways. We did an exam after those six months, and moved to Munich. Here we have language courses no more, we did seminars they usually gave to already qualified teachers. We do projects, mostly in museums, at parks, at an old-folks' home, and one time in front of the university, where you have to jump on unsuspecting students coming out from their lectures and interview them about the student community that went against the Nazis...
We have to learn all the words that are connected to the theme we are doing that week. We did all-expenses-paid-except-if-you-want-to-buy-magnets daytrips to Chiemsee and Salzburg. We visited practically every museum in Munich, and the Botanical Garden too. A teacher should know how everything works, so we visited a newspaper printing factory, the BMW Museum and the Bavarian Film City. Dayang, the trip to Augsburg was cancelled, I wanted to go there by myself but there just wasn't time, sorry ye laling :)

So the point of our stay in Munich is that we get to experience Germany not only on the surface, but deeply too. At the same time we learnt some methodics and didactics (how do you spell it in english?) for our future careers as human engineers. Being a teacher is irritatingly hard, you have to have a complete control of yourself, which is REALLY not my thing, if you know me. Haha. But then you have a reason to wear lipsticks to work, because you want to attract your students' attention to what you are saying. :) they say it's an unconcious thing, but i just don't think so. :P

Everything that begins must have an end, (well, except for Allah SWT) so now we are again starting a new phase. I'm looking forward to Goettingen, because then I don't have to listen to this annoying ringtone of my host grandmother's friggin telephone which rings at least once every freakin 15minutes! And if she's out and I'm in my room, I won't hear the ringing but the message the caller is leaving afterwards, which will make me run out to see who is talking in the entrance hall. Who says old ladies aren't socialites? Huh.

No, no, seriously. Goettingen is a small town smack in the middle of Germany. Go Google, thank you. We get to play football! Lets pray I won't be hyperventilating after 5 minutes.

TSCHAU!

No comments:

Hallo zusammen!

 1. 2022 ist mein achtes Jahr in als Lehrerin in Mersing. 2. Ich bin gerade mit meinem 2. Kind schwanger. 3. Mein erstes Kind ist 3 Jahre al...