Tick tock

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday 10 March 2009

I Have Five Children: Three Sons, Two Daughters. And a Bibik.

When I first came, I didn't think that I could ever get attached with this place. Or the people. But I was dead WRONG. To this date, I didn't gone back home for a month already. Quite a feat, really. Back in GMi I used to go back to Melaka almost every weekend. There's also always my sister's at Cheras as an alternative. A month here is unimaginable at first. I didn't think I could ever fit in. No matter. If you tried to go with the flow, people gonna start accepting you, no matter how retard you are. Ahaks.

And so. I have five children. Three sons, two daughters. These all started with the stupid rule: It is compulsory for all female Muslim students to wear baju kurung to class. Very culture-preserving. But unfortunately, I look like a makcik in baju kurung, due to the fact that most of my bajus was tailored by my mother. You know mums. They like to make you wear or buy things that are bigger than your size.

"Nanti kau gemuk boleh pakai lagi," katanya.

And so, I always look like a makcik. (But that was before laa. Now I'm a little bit more confident. My classmates taught me how to wear tudung, kan. Ahaks)

One fateful day, however, Adi said:

"Hey kau nampak macam mak orang."

I merely grinned. Little did I know that these kiddles went back home and discussed my maternal appearance. Lol. The next day, voila! I have now kids, already arranged according to age.

1. The youngest is the tallest (it amazes me too)
2. The eldest is the darkest
3. I have a daughter-in-law already from my second son
4. My first daughter is very able in the kitchen
5. My second daughter might bring home a son-in-law soon.

Like all nicknames or spitznamen or whatever, you could never like it at first. I was like, "do i look that old?" at first. But time passes and they persist, and I grew somewhat attached.

At home, I called for my mother just for fun.
"EMAK!!"
"E~maaakkk~"
"Mak!"
"Mak, tengok Awang ni!"

And her respond is always:
"Nak apa lah?!" irritably.

Now I know how it feels to be at the receiving end. Huu~ dah laa diorang ni suke gaduh, pukul2. Penat, penat...

P/s: My kids, they’re fatherless at the moment. Pity them. :-P

No comments:

Hallo zusammen!

 1. 2022 ist mein achtes Jahr in als Lehrerin in Mersing. 2. Ich bin gerade mit meinem 2. Kind schwanger. 3. Mein erstes Kind ist 3 Jahre al...